Comforting and Nourishing Turkey Soup
Home-made broth soup is so good for you being especially high in vitamins and minerals, bone broth was traditionally used to boost immunity, however, it goes far beyond this. Bone broth is a rich source of readily available collagen, gelatin, and glucosamine, all found to be a therapeutic agent in treating bone ailments, thus relieving joint pain whilst also increasing skin elasticity. Importantly, bone broth can assist with a leaky gut.
Makes: 1 litre
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 hours
Dietary Info: Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Leftover turkey bones
- 2 bulbs garlic, cloves left whole and gently bruised
- Water to cover
- Ideally on Christmas night, very simply place the turkey bones and garlic in a large pan and pour over enough cold water to cover. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for a couple of hours.
- Leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, bring the stock back to the boil and simmer for 1 hour before discarding the bones. Throw the bones away but continue to heat the stock to reduce the liquid. Season to taste.
- Add in some cut leftover turkey and any cooked vegetables you like and warm through in the stock.
- Pour into a mug!
Photo Credit: Photographer – Andy Newbold