This is a really yummy sauce which you can use as a base for other vegetable, fish or meat curries if you like.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Dietary Info: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free
- ½ small pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 320g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 160g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 600ml coconut milk
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 250g sugar snaps
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Tip into a non-stick roasting tray and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and keep to one side.
- Cook the rice in a pan of boiling water for around 20-25 minutes or according to the packet instructions until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the groundnut oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste and stir in the mushrooms, coating them in the paste. Stir in the peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice and tamari and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the blanched broccoli, sugar snap peas and roasted pumpkin to the curry and simmer for 5-8 minutes. Check the seasoning and add more lime juice or tamari if needed.
- Add the coriander to the curry and stir through just before you are about to serve.
Transfer the rice and curry to serving plates and serve family style on the table. Dish out individually according to the rule of palm.
Get all your ingredients prepped and ready before you start this dish as it all happens quite quickly.
This recipe is from Jennifer’s book, ‘The Balance Diet’ available on Amazon (The Orion Publishing Group)