“This dish is genuinely something I make most weeks. Quick and easy to whip up, perfect when on a tight budget, and packs a punch nutrition wise.” Che Harper, Pure Package Nutritional Advisor
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Preheat oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4
- 100g whole wheat spaghetti/linguine
- 180g cherry tomatoes (on the vine)
- 180g organic raw king prawns
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 red chili (deseeded if less heat required)
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced into thin disks
- A dash of white wine
- A dash of extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Lay out the cherry tomatoes on their vines on a sheet of tin foil. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until the skins begin to wrinkle, (around 20 mins).
- Heat the oil over a medium heat, add the paprika, chili & garlic and simmer until it dances around in the pan. Add in a splash of white wine – this stops the garlic from burning! Allow the alcohol to cook off (1-2 mins), then add in the roasted cherry tomatoes (remove the vines).
- Meanwhile, bring salted water to the boil & add the spaghetti. Cook the pasta until al dente, and drain. Don’t forget to save some pasta water for later!
- 2-3 tbsp of starchy pasta water (the starch gives a sticky texture, preventing the sauce from going watery and bland), and the cooked linguine. Toss the pasta through the garlicky sauce, crushing a few tomatoes as you go.
- Add in the prawns (they only take around 3 minutes to cook).
- Sprinkle in the flat leaf parsley, and season to taste with salt and black pepper.