This is our twist on the standard guacamole. Avocados are a good source of Vitamin E which is renowned to have excellent moisturising properties. A good way to test if they are ripe is to give them a shake… if you can hear the stone rattling around they are good to use.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Dietary Info: Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 80g frozen peas, defrosted
- ½ an avocado, peeled and stoned
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons greek yoghurt
- pinch ground cumin
- pinch ground coriander
- 1 plum tomato, skinned, deseeded and finely chopped
- A small handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 4 sticks celery, trimmed and cut into batons
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into batons
- Place the peas in the bowl of a food processor with the avocado, lime juice, chilli, yoghurt, ground cumin and ground coriander. Blitz to a smooth dip.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold through the chopped tomato and fresh chopped coriander.
- Serve the guacamole in dipping bowls with the raw vegetables
To make your avocado easier to peel, dip the avocado into a bowl of boiling water for 10 seconds then remove. The skin will peel away from the flesh with ease, it may also keep the avocado from going black as quickly.
This recipe is from Jennifer’s book, ‘The Balance Diet’ available on Amazon (The Orion Publishing Group)