This is an all round simple and low maintenance dish. A one pot meal, that once prepared can be left until the last minute to cook. The balsamic is a lovely delicious addition, sweetening and thickening the roasted vegetables.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Preheat oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas Mark 6
Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 8 lamb cutlets
- small bunch fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 8 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 portobello mushrooms, cut into 8ths
- 300g new potatoes, cooked
- 3 courgettes, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Place the Lamb cutlets in a bowl together with half the rosemary, garlic and black pepper. Leave to marinade for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Place all the remaining ingredients into a big bowl and mix together. Leave to marinade for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Once marinated take out the lamb cutlets and keep to one side. Place all other ingredients the red pepper, yellow pepper, onion, tomatoes, mushroom, potatoes and courgettes to into a large roasting tin. Scatter over the rosemary leaves and garlic. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, until soft and golden. Shake the pan half way through cooking to toss the vegetables.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and lay a cooling rack or oven rack over the roasting tin. Turn the oven off and heat the grill to high. Lay the lamb cutlets on the cooling rack and return the vegetables and lamb to the grill for 3 minutes. Turn the lamb over and grill for a further 3 minutes. The delicious juices from the lamb will drip down onto the vegetables during cooking.
- Remove the lamb and vegetables from the grill. Cover the lamb loosely with foil and leave to rest for 3 minutes. Place the roasting tin with the vegetables on the hob and drizzle over the balsamic vinegar. Cook for 2 minutes until the vinegar caramelizes.
- Arrange the veg on warmed serving plates and arrange the lamb cutlets on top.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature before cooking and either trim the fat or sear the fatty side in a very hot pan before grilling.
This recipe is from Jennifer’s book, The Diet for Food Lovers available on Amazon (The Orion Publishing Group). Jean Cazals Photography