A great dish for an ‘on the spot’ supper, these ingredients can usually be found sitting in your fridge, simply put them all together to make a really tasty and easy supper.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Dietary Info: Wheat Free, Vegetarian
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- Cracked black pepper
- 100g goats cheese
- Large handful rocket leaves
- 1 ready cooked beetroot, diced
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat grill to highest temperature
- Add the oil to the pan with the onions and sweat on a low – medium heat with the lid on for about 10 minutes or until the onions have begun to go limp.
- Meanwhile crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork, add some cracked black pepper to the eggs.
- Add the eggs to the pan and cook for a further 5 – 6 minutes until the eggs are almost set.
- Tear the goat’s cheese into chunks and dot over the top
- Pop the frittata under a hot grill for 3 minutes. Shake to check it is firm, meaning it is ready.
Serve topped with rocket, beetroot and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
You can substitute the goat’s cheese for feta or cheddar if you like!
Up cycle idea: if you have some left over, this frittata can be enjoyed cold the next day accompanied by sliced red pepper and cucumber.
This recipe comes from Jennifer’s book The Diet for Food Lovers. The Orion Publishing Group, ©Weidenfeld & Nicolson.