No longer shall porridge have a reputation of being like wallpaper paste! Jazzed up with blackberries it’s transformed into a lovely flavourful breakfast. The protein from the milk combined with the complex carbs in oats will make you feel fuller for longer.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Wheat Free, Vegetarian
- 160 jumbo porridge oats
- 400ml whole milk
- 400ml water
- 3 large apples, cored and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g blackberries
- Put the porridge oats, milk, water, apple and cinnamon in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the oats are tender and creamy.
- Stir half of the blackberries through the porridge and remove from the heat.
- Spoon the porridge into warmed serving bowls and scatter over the remaining blackberries.
- It’s worth investing in a good heavy based, non-stick pan if you’re going to be a regular porridge chef, as washing up anything other than non stick is tedious with porridge stuck to it!