This feta & butternut squash dip is a great dip for using up leftover roasted squash or pumpkin. Pair it with some oatcakes or crudites. It works really well as an accompaniment to grilled meat and fish too.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 200g butternut squash, peeled, seeds scooped out and cut into bite size pieces
- 40g feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon harrissa
- 3 oatcakes per person, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
- Tip the squash onto a non stick baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes until soft. Leave to cool.
- Place the butternut in the bowl of a food processor with the feta cheese and harrissa and blitz to a smooth dip.
To save time peeling and chopping, simply roast a halved butternut squash or two and scoop out the cooked flesh.
Recipe taken from Jennifer Irvine’s Diet for Food Lovers
The Orion Publishing Group, ©Weidenfeld & Nicolson.