Beach days demand easy eating – although possibly something a bit healthier and more inclined towards a diet plan than a scotch egg or packet of chips. Why not pack this tasty and moreish snack – the artichoke hearts sing of summer, while the beans give a great protein kick and a smooth, creamy finish. To pack, simply spoon the dip into an air-tight container and wrap the veggies in foil.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Dietary Info: Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
- 500g artichoke hearts in oil, drained
- 2x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained
- a handful of flat leaf parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1kg sugar snap peas, washed
- Drain the artichoke hearts and cannellini beans.
- Place the artichoke hearts in the bowl of a food processor with the cannellini beans, parsley and lemon juice. Blitz to a smooth paste.
Spoon the dip into a small serving bowl and serve with the sugar snap peas for a nice crunch!
Substitute the sugar snaps with corn chips or oat cakes or any other raw vegetables if you fancy. This can be kept in the fridge for up to four days.
Recipe taken from Jennifer Irvine’s Diet for Food Lovers