Vanilla, Prune & Pecan Pot
It’s amazing how delicious a little amount of dried prunes can taste, especially when combined with vanilla. For a spicy alternative, soak the prunes overnight with a cinnamon stick and a couple of cloves. Yummy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Wheat Free, Vegetarian
You will need:
- 80g ready to eat dried prunes, pitted
- 6 tablespoons water
- 520ml natural yoghurt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla paste
- 120g granola muesli, home-made
- 20g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- Place the prunes in the bowl of a food processor or blender with the water and blitz to a puree.
- In a large bowl, mix the yoghurt and vanilla paste together. Fold through the prune puree to create a marbled effect.
- Pour the prune and vanilla yoghurt mix into serving bowls and sprinkle over the granola muesli and roughly chopped pecan nuts
Balance Box tip:
Skin, hair and nails will all benefit from the generous amounts of antioxidant beta carotene found in prunes. Regular intake of prunes has also been shown to reduce blood cholesterol.