This cooks just as well on an outdoor grill as it does in the oven (for those British weather days!). As well as being low in saturated fats, it’s also packed full of antioxidants, including Vitamin E, which is renowned for its healing properties. This is a fantastically delicious and simple dish, which will appeal to even the most picky of eaters. If children ever complain about eating fish, this recipe always wins them back!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Preheat oven to 180 c
- 2 tablespoon Tamari (or dark) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 x 80g salmon fillets, skinned
- 2 teaspoons coriander, chopped
- Place an oven-proof dish in the pre-heating oven, to heat.
- Make the marinade by mixing together the soy sauce, honey and lemon or lime juice.
- Place the salmon fillets in a small bowl, and spoon over the marinade, turning the fish so that it is nicely covered. Leave to sit for 10 minutes, before transferring to the warmed oven-proof dish.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for around 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, and serve on individual plates pouring over the Asian sauce and garnishing with chopped coriander. Eat immediately.
Carb Sides: Stir Fry Noodles; Coconut rice
Vegetable Sides: Pan-fried broccoli with garlic and lemon; ginger and vegetable stir-fry; Balsamic Carrots.
Balance Box tip-If you like some heat in your food, add half a red chilli, de seeded and finely chopped, to the marinade.
This recipe was taken from Jennifer Irvine’s The Balance Diet. Available to buy here.