If you’ve been following our advice over the past few months, you’ll be more than ready to bare all on the beach this summer! You’ve been exercising regularly, sticking to your diet menus, committed to healthy eating-there’s not much more left to do, right?
Wrong! Here are some easy tips to stay on top of your bikini-game this summer-and it’s not all about diet plans or weight loss!
- Water, water, water! Drinking 8 large glasses of water a day (about 2 litres) is the easiest way to truly glow-mentally as well as physically. In the summer especially, many of us suffer from dehydration-leading not only to dry skin, brittle nails and lack-lustre hair, but also to forgetfulness, dizziness and low energy. Keep a bottle of water on the go at all times!
- Exfoliate-all over! Here at The Pure Package, we love our body brushes! It takes just a few minutes every day – long sweeping brushes from the tips or our fingers or toes up towards our hearts. This gives your circulation a nice boost, as well as brushing away any dead skin cells. It feels great too!
- Snack. Yes, we know it sounds counter-intuitive, but two protein-rich snacks a day, mid morning and mid-afternoon – will make all the difference to your energy levels and move you towards your ideal body shape. Just make sure to exercise portion control, and reach for wholesome, unprocessed foods which are as close to nature as possible: nuts, a slice or two of hard cheese, or some fruit and plain yoghurt are all great snack choices.
- Drink tea. Just make sure it’s green. Yes, it has caffeine, but it’s also packed with antioxidants, which protect against cell damage (including ageing) and other medicinal qualities.
- Include some fermented foods and good bacteria in your diet, to fortify your gut. Sauerkraut, kimchi, kefir and natural yoghurt are all great, bacteria-friendly foods.
- Go as raw as you can: nuts, seeds, soaked grains, fruits and uncooked vegetables should form at least 50% of your diet.
- Minimise your intake of red meat – opt for lean chicken, oily fish instead or protein-rich beans instead.
And if all this it just too much to remember, we’re happy to help – with one of our great healthy diet delivery meals! We have programmes to suit all your requirements, and will have you wowing on the beach in no time.