- It contains flavonoids, which is known to improve the body’s ability to fight disease and aging.
- The higher the cocoa content, the more anti-oxidants it has – which may prevent heart disease, reduce blood pressure, and lower cholesterol.
- It contains an essential amino acid that increases the production of serotonin, the body’s natural anti-depressant.
- It also contains the chemical phenylethylamine – which occurs naturally in our bodies when we fall in love!
- But best of all is the psychological effect – “allowing” yourself an occasional treat will also boost your mood.
Just remember our golden chocolate rule: keep it little, keep it luxurious!