As well as being packed with fabulous pumpkin, this zingy, fragrant curry is the perfect dish to chase off the October chill. And if you’re feeling really festive, serve it in a hollowed-out pumpkin!
Preheat oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas Mark 6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
- ½ small pumpkin, peeled and seeds scooped out
- 320g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 120g brown basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 160g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 600ml coconut milk
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 250g sugar snaps
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Cut the pumpkin into bite size pieces, tip into a non-stick roasting tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes until soft. Remove from the oven and leave aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and keep to one side.
- Cook the brown rice in a pan of boiling water for around 15 minutes or according to packet instructions until tender. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or large frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste and stir in the mushrooms coating them in the paste. Stir in the peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice and soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the blanched broccoli, sugar snaps and roasted pumpkin. Simmer for 5-8 minutes. Check the seasoning and add more lime juice or tamari soy sauce if needed.
- Add the coriander to your sauce and stir through just before you are about to serve.
Serve family style on the table and dish out individually according to the rule of palm.
Get all your ingredients prepped and ready before you start this dish as it all happens quite quickly.
Recipe and photo from The Diet For Food Lovers, available: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diet-Food-lovers-Pure-Package/dp/0297866540