One of the perks of being the UK’s leading diet delivery company is that we get to provide our fabulous healthy eating services to visiting celebrities, as well as international stars who have decided to make London home for a while.
Of course, we love all our clients equally, but we especially love our Australian clientèle: As well as being funny and laid back, they have the best skin…! Margot Robbie, Hugh Jackman, Russel Crowe? We salute you – and your impressive sunscreen-wearing habits! Here are our top tips if you want to glow like an Antipodean!
- Wear facial sunscreen. Every single day. We can’t stress it enough. Even if you’re in the middle of a bleak December day, your skin needs protecting from harmful UVA and UVB rays. Luckily, most moisturisers and / or make-up creams come with some SPF, so you’ve no excuse.
- In bright sunshine, reach for a wide-brimmed hat. This will keep your face in the shade, giving you double protection.
- Similarly, expose as little skin as possible, even on sunny days. Less is more, when it comes to gorgeous, undamaged skin.
- Pack antioxidants into your healthy diet: oily fish, avocados, whole-grains, vitamin c-rich fruit – all of these will pack a skin-glowing punch.
- Water, water, water – every diet plan should include at least 8 glasses a day. Once you get into the habit, you’ll really notice the difference, and not just with great skin. Improved concentration, clearer eyes, reduced hair-loss – lack of hydration is responsible for many physical ills.
- Do more than cleanse, tone and moisturise – you’re no longer a teenager. As you age, your skin develops specific needs, and no two skin-types are the same. Invest in a consultation with a good facialist or dermatologist, go through any concerns you have, and create a bespoke skin-care plan.
But above all – don’t forget the sun screen!