You are no doubt familiar with the palaeolithic-or Paleo-diet: food that reflects that of our hunter-gatherer ancestors. While The Pure Package has always been Paleo inclined-we focus on the benefits of natural foods, complex carbohydrates, and lean protein-we have not had a dedicated palaeolithic-orientated menu until now. So why do we like it so much? In a nutshell-for the following 5 reasons:
- At the heart of this movement is an emphasis on clean eating and the ethos of The Pure Package. An eating regime which eliminates processed ingredients, additives and preservatives and focuses on real, natural, as-close-to-nature-as possible foods? That is at the core of everything we do.
- Leafy green vegetables. Just as we love our veggies, Paleo enthusiasts are also passionate about the benefits of “greens”. Spinach, Kale, Broccoli, Cabbage, Sea Vegetables are firm favourites on our menus. We love them because they’re high in antioxidants, (which fight infection, reduce the risk of cell abnormalities caused by free radicals and give us a great immune boost), a fabulous source of fibre, and packed with vitamins and minerals. Long live the leafy green!
- Healthy fats. We know we go on about the importance of good fats (high in omega-6 acid) in our diet, but these are vital for proper cognitive functioning, cell renewal, and improved immunity-not to mention glowing skin. Paleo eating involves liberal use of nut and coconut oils, promotes the enjoyment of nuts and seeds, and recognises the health benefits-instead of calorie content-of “high fat foods” such as avocados and mackerel.
- Focus on quality. Where we source our food is as important to us at The Pure Package as what the food is-we work hard to ensure that our ingredients are the best quality. That’s why we only use 100% free-range produce, grass-fed meat, ethically sourced, sustainable fish, and no GM food. Similarly, Paleo devotees are committed to eating locally sourced and carefully grown foods.
- Gluten-free. One of the fundamental principles of the Paleo movement is to abstain from gluten; similarly we encourage all of our clients to embrace gluten-free, which studies have shown to be effective in combating digestive disorders, and which can reduce respiratory and dermatological complaints. Removing gluten from your diet can be one of the most effective health steps you can take, and our clients regularly report improved health and general well-being when they introduce this step into their everyday lives.
For more information about our Paleo-inspired menu, call us on 0845 6123 888, email us or visit our website. We love to chat, and there’s nothing we love to chat more about than good, wholesome, healthy food.