Our founder, Jennifer Irvine’s new, delicious recipe book The Balance Diet is out! To celebrate, we’re giving you a warming, gourmet recipe to help see you through the approaching winter evenings!
Fragrant Sweet Potato & Lime Soup
What you will need
• 2 teaspoons groundnut oil
• 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
• 1 large or two small sweet potatoes (about 200g), peeled and diced
• 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
• 100g firm tofu, chopped into small dice
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
• Juice ½ lime
• Freshly ground pepper
What to do
Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and leave to sweat for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger. Stir to mix the ingredients and leave for a further 1-2 minutes.
Add the sweet potatoes, stir to combine and add the stock. Bring to the boil, and then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for about 15 minutes until the potatoes have softened.
Add the tofu and coriander, and then blend the soup until smooth, using a hand-held blender or food processor.
Stir in the lime juice, season to taste with black pepper, and warm through before serving.
Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and sprinkle with coriander.
Order your copy of The Balance Diet from Amazon now!