Our new Japanese Boost programme has miso soup on the breakfast menu! Miso soup is packed with antioxidants, nutrients and essential vitamins that will give your body a jump start to the day.
We have all been told countless times by nutritional experts that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but for many of us this meal is still a chore. Your first meal of the day should be something nutritious and delicious; something nourishing that will set you up for the day ahead. The key is to not get stuck in a routine. We love granola, yogurt, rye bread, eggs & birchers – all tasty breakfasts but we want to add another into the mix. Many of us often forget about breakfast and spend hours in the day dreaming about lunch and dinner. It’s so important to give yourself time for breakfast, for that energising kick start to the day.
At The Pure Package we like to think outside the box, and into the orient! Our new Japanese Boost programme has miso soup on the breakfast menu! The Japanese diet is one of the healthiest in the world, and we want to give our clients a health boost, a Japanese Body Boost!
“Delving into the bag every morning was a delight” –Zest
“I definitely felt cleaner and lighter” – Metro
“The soup is perfect to get warm on a cold London morning” – American Girl in Chelsea
A healthy breakfast should always contain good sources of protein and carbohydrates. Miso soup does just that. It is an ancient staple in the Japanese cuisine and simple to cook. Miso is high in essential amino acids, vitamin B12, and antioxidants, plus it tastes great! It’s time to get your spoons at the ready.
Our new Japanese Body Boost menu has lots of variety and plenty of different taste sensations. Each morning we add various additions to your miso soup such as edamame beans and different varieties of mushrooms such as shiitake and enoki. Shiitake Mushrooms are bursting with flavour and are a good source of iron. Enoki mushrooms contain immune boosting properties and are rich in brain enhancing and energy producing B vitamins.
Try making your own miso soup with our simple, fantastic recipe.
Miraculous Miso Recipe:
- 9 grams Hon Dashi Powder
- 300ml. water
- 30 grams of miso paste (we like using Clearspring)
- 20 grams of tofu
- 5 grams of Wakame Seaweed
- 10 grams of fresh Shiitake mushrooms
Make the Dashi:
1. Bring 300ml water to the boil and stir in the Hon Dashi Powder.
To make the soup:
2. Bring the powder to a gentle simmer then whisk in miso paste through a fine sieve.
3. Soak the Wakame seaweed for 10 minutes, then drain and squeeze out excess water and cut into 1cm pieces. Cut the tofu into 1 cm squares. Cut the roots off the Shiitake mushrooms, rinse well, slice and lightly sauté in groundnut oil. Put all ingredients in a bowl. Finally, pour water over all the ingredients.