Try our founder, Jennifer Irvine’s recipe for ‘Stewed Plum Yoghurt’. Yoghurt contains 80% water and provides our bodies with exactly what we need! Perfect for staying hydrated in the summer months.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 500g plums, halved and stoned
- 2-3 tablespoons grape juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50ml water
- 50ml greek yoghurt
- 250ml low-fat live natural yoghurt
- Place the plums in a small pan with the grape juice, cinnamon and water. Bring to the boil, cover and cook over a low heat for 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Drain and mash the plums. Mix the greek yoghurt and natural yoghurt together and stir in the plums.
- Portion out individually according to the rule of palm.
Plums contain amino acid tryptophan which apparently the body uses to produce serotonin, a mood enhancer. (So not only does this yoghurt look great, it may also make you feel great!)
Recipe and photo taken from The Pure Package: The DIET for FOOD LOVERS, Jennifer Irvine, available from all leading retailers and from Amazon