Peaches are a great seasonal summer treat and, will be at their very best from June. This delicious recipe is a great way to use up any bruised or blemished fruit that you may have lying around.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
Wheat free, Gluten free, Vegetarian
Preheat oven to 180 degrees/Gas 4
- 4 peaches, halved and stoned
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cardamon pods
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
- 4 tablespoon water
- Pack the peaches, cut-side up, into an ovenproof dish so they fit snugly together.
- Put the wine into a jug, add the cinnamon, cardamom, five spice and water and stir together.
- Pour over the peaches and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes until soft.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately if you want them warm or leave to chill if the plan is to eat them cold.
- Mix the ricotta and yoghurt together.
Divide the spiced peaches evenly between four serving bowls, drizzling some of the cooking liquid over them and top with the ricotta and yoghurt mix.
Feel free to experiment with a mixture of nectarines and plums too. The baked peaches can be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Recipe and photo taken from The Pure Package: The DIET for Food Lovers, Jennifer Irvine, available from all leading retailers and from Amazon