Try our delicious feta-stuffed butternut squash recipe as featured in Stylist Magazine.
Preheat oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas Mark 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 2 butternut squashes (500g each)
- 2 tbsps groundnut oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 280g sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsps pumpkin seeds
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsps chopped basil
- 520g fine green beans
1) Cut the squashes in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds. Roast for 20-25 minutes until slightly browned.
2) Heat the oil in a frying pan, add onions and sweat until soft (4-5 minutes). Add garlic and cook for 5 minutes over a low heat.
3) Mix the sundried tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, crumbled feta, basil and cooked onions together in a bowl. Remove the squashes from the oven and scoop out most of the flesh so there is space for the filling. Fill the squashes with the stuffing mixture and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
4) Steam the green beans over a pan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes until tender. Remove the squash from the oven and serve immediately with the beans.
Recipe and photo from The Pure Package: The Diet For Food Lovers by Jennifer Irvine, available to buy from Amazon.co.uk.