Inspired by the annual Hampshire watercress festival just passed, Jennifer, our founder, started growing her own watercress in the stream at the bottom of her garden… and it is doing really well! To celebrate, we thought we should share this yummy recipe (taken from the watercress alliance).
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 140g quinoa
- 1 medium head broccoli, broken into florets (or if you can get it, use purple sprouting/tender stem broccoli)
- 2 tbsp hazelnut oil
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 25g/1oz hazelnuts
- 200g watercress
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook the quinoa in boiling water for 10mins or until just tender (follow packet instructions). In a separate pan of boiling water, cook the broccoli florets for 2 mins. Drain the quinoa and broccoli in a large sieve and rinse in cold water until cold. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the oil, lemon zest and juice. Season to taste.
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- Roughly chop the watercress and add to the quinoa along with the hazelnuts, tomatoes, and feta cheese.