A traditional English dish made with the leftovers of a big roast dinner, the base being primarily potatoes and cabbage. It is so yummy that it is actually worth starting from scratch, leftovers or no leftovers. Cabbage is an excellent source of Vitamin C. It also contains significant amounts of glutamine, an amino acid, which has anti-inflammatory properties, so great for those hang over days.
- Leftover cooked vegetables (roasted, mashed, boiled etc)
- Potatoes, roughly chopped
- Cabbage & Garden Peas
- Brussel Sprouts
- Onion, sautéed
- Black pepper, cracked
- Mix all cooked ingredients together, season.
- Melt butter or groundnut oil in a pan, press the vegetable mixture into the base of the pan & cook until crisp, turn over and crisp other side (don’t worry if it breaks up).
- Serve with cold meats at dinner or our favourite is with a soft poached egg at breakfast.