With the warmer weather we tend to watch what we wear and as the layers of clothes are peeled off, it’s time to think about what’s on show!
Skin is our way of letting us know how healthy we are both inside and out. The condition of our skin depends upon a number of factors including age, genes, immune system, environment and, of course, what we eat.
If you want to look and feel younger, and perhaps prevent premature ageing try some if not all of these below:
- Avoid Sugar – An anti-nutrient which robs your supplies of vital antioxidants.
- Keep hydrated with 2 litres of water a day – flush out toxins from your system and keep skin hydrated.
- Increase fresh fruit and veg to 50% of your diet. Full of anti-oxidants, essential vitamins, minerals and fibre.
- Avoid dairy products.
- Ease off habits that stress your liver and produce toxins. Ones to watch are tobacco, alcohol and caffeine.
- Make sure you get your essential fats – Eat plenty of oily fish, raw nuts, seeds and avocados (Try both eating avocado and applying it to the skin). Essential fats help cells to hold on to water and keep skin hydrated.